Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Product Name:||Benzoic Acid||Synonyms:||Benzenecarboxylic Acid; Benzeneformic Acid; Benzenemethonic Acid; Carboxybenzene; Oracylic Acid; Phenyl Carboxylic Acid; Phenylformic Acid|
|Molecular Formula:||C7H6O2||Product Grade:||Food Grade / Industrial Grade / Pharma Grade|
|Other Name:||Carboxybenzene; E210; Dracylic Acid; Phenylmethanoic Acid||Package:||25kg/bag, 500KG/bag, 550KG/bag|
Food /Industrial/Pharma Grade Benzoic Acid Used as Raw Material In Many Application
Product name: Benzoic acid
Synonyms: Benzenecarboxylic acid; Benzeneformic acid; Benzenemethonic acid; Carboxybenzene; Oracylic acid; phenyl carboxylic acid; Phenylformic acid
Molecular Formula: C7H6O2
Molecular Weight: 122.12
CASE NO: 65-85-0
Product Grade: Food grade / Industrial grade / Pharma grade
Benzoic acid, used as a food preservative, represented by the E-numbers E210, E211, E212, and E213, the simplest aromatic carboxylic acid containing carboxyl group bonded directly to benzene ring, is a white, crystalline organic compound, The name derived from gum benzoin, which was for a long time the only source for benzoic acid. This weak acid and its salts are used as a food preservative. Benzoic acid is an important precursor for the synthesis of many other organic substances.
Physical & Chemical Properties.:
Food grade:White crystallized powder; Industrial grade:white crystallized plate.
Melting at 121.5-123.5 C (starting sublime at 100 C); boiling at 249 C.
Slightly soluble in water, soluble in ethanol, very slightly soluble in benzene and acetone.
1. As the preservative, mainly use in fruit juice,drug,toothpaste,soft drink etc.
2. Also used as raw material of dye intermediate, paint synthesis, plasticizer and flavors.
3. It is also used in the manufacture of alkyd resins and drilling mud additive for crude oil recovery applications.
1. Benzoic acid is commonly used as food preservative.
2. Benzoic acid is usually used as raw material in the production of pesticide, dye, medicine, perfume,
3. Modifying agent for polyamide resin and alkyd resins.
4. Rust inhibitor of steel equipment and so on.